Swimwear is one of the most underrated pieces of clothing everyone wears only a few times yearly. Some elements of your swimwear are so versatile and effortless to style in other ways that they can level up your summer fits and add an oomph factor in different seasons.
Sarong is one of those exciting pieces that can be styled in many ways, limited only by your imagination. Whether you’re looking to wear one as a beach cover-up or as a statement piece for a night out, there’s a sarong style for you.
Learn three simply oh-so-chic ways to style a sarong. From tying it as a skirt to wearing it as a top, these easy tips will have you looking chic in no time. So grab your sarong and get ready to experiment with some new styles!
Sarong as a beach cover-up
The sarong is a go-to beach cover-up for many reasons. It’s lightweight, easy to pack, and can be worn in various ways. Plus, it provides ample coverage when you need it most. Here are a few favourite ways to style a sarong as a beach cover-up:
- Wrap it around your waist and tie it in the front for a flattering and comfortable fit.
- Drape it over your shoulders for a chic look that will keep you cool and protected from the sun.
- Tie it around your head like a turban for ultimate sun protection.
- Wear it as a skirt by wrapping it around your waist and tying it at the side.
A sarong as a skirt
The sarong is a traditional garment worn by men and women in many cultures worldwide. In recent years, the sarong has become a popular fashion item for women due mainly to its versatility. A sarong can be worn as a skirt, a dress, a scarf, or a top.
The sarong can be either long or short when worn as a skirt. It can be made of any fabric, but lightweight materials such as cotton and silk are most commonly used. The sarong can be plain or patterned and decorated with fringe, beads, or other embellishments.
To wear the sarong as a skirt, simply tie it around the waist like a belt. For a longer dress, you can tuck one end of the sarong into the other to form a tube-like shape. If you want to wear the sarong as a shorter skirt, leave one end untucked. You can also wear the sarong as a scarf by wrapping it around your neck like a bandana.
Sarong as a top
Assuming you would like a detailed description of how to wear a sarong as a top:
- There are many ways to wear a sarong, but one of the most popular and stylish ways is to wear it as a top. To do this, fold the sarong in half lengthwise so that it is now a long rectangle.
- Next, take the centre of the long side and tie it around your back, just like you would tie a tank top or sports bra. Once you have secured the sarong, adjust it so that the knot is in the centre of your back and the fabric hangs evenly on both sides.
- You can then pull the fabric over your shoulders to cover your chest or leave it hanging down for a more relaxed look. If you want to secure the material, you can use fashion tape or safety pins.
- Finally, accessorize as desired and enjoy your new sarong top!
A sarong is a versatile piece of clothing that can be worn in various ways. This article showed you three simple, stylish ways to style a sarong. A sarong is an excellent option whether you’re looking for a casual look or something dressier. Hope you enjoyed these tips and that you’ll try out some of the looks for yourself.
Leave a Reply