Class 12 Commerce stream has three core subjects: one is Business Studies. The students preparing for the Board exam must have realized the importance of the syllabus for Business Studies. Also, since CBSE has updated several things from the syllabus, getting the latest syllabus is very important. So, here we will discuss class 12 Business Studies and its syllabus.
Similarly, we will talk about the Term 1 and Term 2 syllabus for Business Studies. But the syllabus alone will not be sufficient. The students must do some afterworks and practice for the exam. So, for this purpose, you can also use the class 12 commerce sample paper. Hence, let us go through the major requirements, such as the syllabus and essential tips for the CBSE board exam.
CBSE class 12 Business Studies curriculum
The Business Studies curriculum for Class 12 has two parts, Term 1 and Term 2. And according to these parts, two exams are conducted for Business Studies. In both of the exams, different syllabi are asked. Also, from the entire syllabus, the half portion is asked in one exam, and the other half portion is asked in another part. So, the students are highly recommended to follow the updated syllabus for Business Studies in Class 12. Further, we will also discuss how to download the CBSE Class 12 Business Studies syllabus from the official source.
CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus
Part A: Principles and Functions of Management
Unit 1: Nature and Significance of Management
- Management – concept, objectives, and importance.
- Management as Science, Art, and Profession.
- Levels of Management.
- Management functions-planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling
- Coordination- concept and importance.
Unit 2: Principles of Management
- Principles of Management- concept and significance.
- Fayol’s principles of management.
- Taylor’s Scientific management- principles and techniques.
Unit 3: Business Environment
- Business Environment- concept and importance.
- Dimensions of Business Environment, Economic, Social, Technological, Political, and Legal.
Unit 4: Planning
- Planning: Concept, importance, and limitation.
- Planning process.
Unit 5: Organising
- Organizing: Concept and importance.
- Organizing Process.
- Structure of organization- functional and divisional concept.
- Delegation: concept, elements, and importance.
- Decentralization: concept and importance.
Unit 11: Marketing
- Marketing – Concept, functions, and philosophies.
- Marketing Mix – Concept and elements.
- Product – branding, labeling, and packaging – Concept.
- Price – Concept, Factors determining price.
- Physical Distribution – concept.
- Promotion – Concept and elements; Advertising, Personal Selling, Sales Promotion, and Public Relations.
Unit 6: Staffing
- Concept and importance of staffing.
- Staffing process.
- Recruitment process.
- Selection – process.
- Training and Development – Concept and importance, training methods – on and off the job – vestibule training, apprenticeship training, and internship training.
Unit 7: Directing
- Concept and importance.
- Elements of Directing.
- Motivation – concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Financial and non-financial incentives.
- Leadership – concept, styles – authoritative, democratic, and laissez-faire.
- Communication – concept, formal and informal communication.
Unit 8: Controlling
- Controlling – Concept and importance.
- Steps in the process of control.
Part B: Business Finance and Marketing
Unit 9: Financial Management
- Concept, role, and objectives of Financial Management.
- Financial decisions: investment, financing, and dividend- Meaning and factors affect.
- Financial Planning – concept and importance.
- Capital Structure – concept and factors affecting the capital structure.
- Fixed and Working Capital – Concept and factors affecting their requirements.
Unit 10: Financial Markets
- Financial Markets: Concept, Functions, and types.
- Money market and its instruments.
- Capital market and its types (primary and secondary), floatation methods in the primary market.
- Stock Exchange – Functions and trading procedure.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) – objectives and functions.
Unit 12: Consumer Protection
- Concept and importance of consumer protection.
- Consumer Protection Act 2019:
Meaning of consumer
Rights and responsibilities of consumers
Who can file a complaint?
Unit 13: Project Work
How to download the Class 12 Business Studies syllabus?
Now, we will discuss another important topic: how to download the class 12 Business Studies Syllabus. So, before starting the preparation for the Board Exams, students must get the official syllabus from CBSE. Therefore, follow the below-given steps and get your Business Studies syllabus from the CBSE site.
- Open the official CBSE site.
- Next, scroll down and click on the CBSE Board Examination option.
- From there, open the drop-down menu and tap on Syllabus.
- On the next page, select your class and subjects.
- Now, you will be able to see your syllabus for Business Studies.
Therefore, this is how you can get your Business Studies syllabus from CBSE official site. So, the next step you need to follow is to download this syllabus pr note it down for reference. Also, make sure you prepare your schedule as per the syllabus and exam pattern.
Tips to Prepare for Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus.
So, we’ve arrived at yet another significant discussion of the topic. So, here are some pointers on how to do well in the CBSE Class 12 Board Exam. First and foremost, students must review their revised curriculum, which is critical. The same syllabus will inform you of the sections or subjects covered in the exam. Second, students must locate a dependable source or platform through which they can complete their entire Class 12 Business Studies curriculum. In addition, the most acceptable source is online education in today’s world. Online lessons are the most reliable way to complete the curriculum without wasting time travelling. Furthermore, you can take online lessons as many times as you wish to review them.
At last, never forget to do enough practice and multiple revisions. Therefore, ensure that you have completed the entire syllabus one to two months before exams. And in those last months, dedicate your time to mock tests and revisions.
Therefore, the Class 12 Business Studies syllabus has been entirely discussed in the article. Also, the students who are preparing for the Business Studies Exam for Class 12 Boards can get help from the tips. Additionally, you can also rely on the study materials and the past year’s questions to practice the questions. But the major thing that the students must consider here is to join an online class for class 12 Business Studies preparation. Hence, the students who are in the search of online classes must prefer Vidya Setu. Vidya Setu is the most reliable online educational platform that can provide you with free video lectures from experienced faculties. So, never miss out on this great opportunity to complete your syllabus from VidyaSetu.