Reconciling your bank or credit card account in QuickBooks can initiate your business maturation in umpteen methods. However, you may need to undo bank reconciliation in QuickBooks due to multi-faceted reasons. It can be an ambiguous transaction that you need to for which you want to undo the bank reconciliation. In this blog, we will discuss the steps that can help you to undo bank reconciliation in the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Unable to undo reconciliation in QuickBooks Online? Get relevant support from certified QuickBooks professionals by dialing our QuickBooks error support number 1.855.738.2784
When Do I Need To Undo Banking Reconciliation?
In QuickBooks, you may want to undo the reconciliation method for your bank or credit account in the below-given representatives:
- When an incorrect data is recorded for the payment
- On having an unclear or ambiguous transaction in QuickBooks
- When a reconciliation seems forceful or inappropriate
- When a bank statement does not have the actual date
Undo QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation in Simple Steps:
If you have made your mind to undo reconciliation in QuickBooks, then you can follow detailed steps listed in this post.
Recommended to read : Reset QuickBooks Password
How Do I Undo Reconciliation In QuickBooks Desktop?
Observe the below-given steps to obtain the task accomplished:
- Sign-in as Windows Administrator and open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose your QuickBooks company (.QBW) file and then open Banking menu
- Find and click Reconcile Now option on the Banking window
- Now click Undo Last Reconciliation and check if the changes are applied effectively
How To Undo Reconciliation In QuickBooks Online?
To undo bank reconciliation in QBO, follow these steps:
- From Banking menu in QuickBooks Online, select Registers
- When the Register Name drop-down list opens, choose the account with the concerned transaction
- Select the transaction for which you want to undo a reconciliation
- Remove letter R, and you will see that the transaction in no more reconciled
How to Delete A Reconciliation In QuickBooks?
To delete banking reconciliation in QuickBooks, perform the below-given procedure:
- From within QuickBooks, click the gear icon
- Now click Reconcile option located underneath the Tools
- Select the bank account for which you want to undo the reconciliation
- Hover your mouse on the reconciliation moth and click Undo button
- Click OK on the message screen
- Click OK again to save the changes
Need Professional Assistance!
On performing the steps described in this post, you can undo QuickBooks bank reconciliation. However, if you have this question, “why can’t I undo a reconciliation in QuickBooks Online” even after performing the procedure, then give us a call our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.855.738.2784. Our specialists will help you undo bank reconciliation in QuickBooks until the assignment is completed.