Individuals who notice discolored patches on their skin should visit a dermatologist in Lahore. The doctor can provide guidance regarding the treatment options that provide relief from the symptoms and avoids further health-related complications.
What symptoms indicate that the person is suffering from vitiligo?
Melanocytes are the pigment cells of the skin that help in producing melanin. Individuals suffering from vitiligo suffer from damage to melanocytes causing discolored visible patches on the skin. The common symptoms of the condition are:
- The person suffering from vitiligo can observe whitish oval-shaped patches on the skin.
- The patient can notice a change in the size of the patches. The patches become large. They become more visible affecting the overall appearance of the person.
- The individual can notice a change in hair color. The hair on the best start to change its color from black to grey,
- The patient can notice a change in the color of their nose and inside the mouth.
What causes the individual to suffer from vitiligo?
The causes of vitiligo include:
- It is a hereditary disease; individuals with blood relatives suffering from vitiligo are at a higher risk of developing the condition over time.
- It is an immune disorder, as the system starts to attack healthy cells. It leads to damage to melanocytes.
- People exposed to UV rays and harsh chemicals are more prone to suffer from leukoderma.
- Individuals under stress are more prone to suffer from physical and psychological illnesses, including leukoderma.
What complications correlate with vitiligo?
The complications associated with leukoderma are:
- The person suffering from leukoderma can suffer from clinical depression. The person becomes more conscious of their physical appearance. It causes them to stress and avoid interacting with their family members and colleagues. Additionally, it affects the personal and professional growth affecting the overall health.
- The person may suffer from the condition due to exposure to UV rays and harsh chemicals causing the skin to become highly sensitive.
- The immune disorder can increase the chances of skin cancer. The condition affects melanin production, increasing the chances of cancer and related complications.
- The person may suffer from vision-related problems due to inflammation of the iris.
What tests help diagnose an individual with vitiligo?
The tests that help diagnose an individual with vitiligo are:
- Biopsy: The specialist will perform a biopsy by closely examining a small part of the affected skin. It will help to diagnose the disease and its severity.
- Blood Testing: The test will help check Hgb levels and glucose levels, which may indicate anemia and diabetes. These conditions can worsen the condition and lead to further complications.
What are the effective treatment options for vitiligo?
The medications proven effective in treating vitiligo are:
- Use of Corticosteroids: The meditation helps reduce the effect of the disease. It allows the skin to return to its original color and helps in repigmentation.
- Use of Topical Medications: The ointments help in repigmentation in mild cases.
The procedure and therapy proven effective in treating vitiligo are:
- Skin Grafting: It is a procedure in which a part of the pigmented skin is placed on the discolored patches.
- UV Phototherapy: The use of corticosteroids and UV phototherapy helps restore the original color of the skin.
Individuals diagnosed with leukoderma should consult the best dermatologist in Karachi to discuss their condition. The competent and reliable specialist will guide the individual regarding the latest treatment options that help in treating leukoderma without complications. The treatment will allow the person to remain confident regarding their physical appearance and function adequately in various aspects of life. Productivity will help the person have a sense of contentment.