The employees of an organization or company get an EPFO account where a portion of their salaries gets invested. You’ll get an 8.50% interest on your deposit money. But do you know you can withdraw some money from your account in case of an emergency? What’s more, you can do that from home without having to visit a branch office for the same. So, do UAN Activation to use the EPFO online account. In its absence, you won’t be able to access the same. Continue reading this page and know how one can manage an EPFO account using UAN Login.
How to Get Access to UAN Login?
You can do UAN Login on your smartphone or desktop by visiting the EPFO Unified Portal. If your UAN isn’t activated, do the same by following the instructions shown below –
- Click on the ‘Activate UAN’ button
- Enter your UAN number, name, date of birth, mobile, email address
- Tap on the ‘Get Authorization Pin’ button
- An OTP is sent to your Aadhaar linked mobile
- Enter the OTP
- Tap on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’
Upon completion of the above steps, the following notification will pop up –
‘Your UAN is activated. The password is sent to your registered mobile number’
Using the password, do UAN Login to get access to the EPFO account online.
What to do Post UAN Login?
Now, check your passbook, profile and other details. Using the online passbook, you can see whether the deposit of the previous month has been submitted or not. Because if not, you can contact HR management to correct the mistake. This way, you can do PF balance check online.
Check out more of the EPFO Online services below –
Partial withdrawals from the EPF account is allowed for up to 75% of the balance. So, if you have a financial problem and need a lump sum amount, you can file a claim online. For instance, for COVID-19 diagnosis, fill in an online form, enter OTP, upload a cheque and passbook and get the amount in your linked account. The claim can be tracked online, just do a UAN login.
Update Contact Details
To receive EPF Balance Check notifications on your mobile, update your number or email address if you have changed the same. For this, visit the Unified Member Portal, log in using your UAN number, password and captcha. Click on the ‘Manage’ button and select ‘Contact Details’. Select ‘Mobile Number’ or ‘Email’, the one you wish to update. Enter your new mobile number or email address twice. Click on ‘Get OTP. Upon receiving the OTP, enter it and click on ‘Validate OTP’.
Now, that you’ve done this, soon your contact details will be updated on the EPFO Unified Portal and you’ll receive the account notification on your new mobile or email.
Add a Nominee
You can add a nominee to your account by visiting the Unified Portal Member. When you do UAN Login, the file nominee notification will pop up on your screen. Click on the ‘File Now’ button. Now, fill in the below details –
- Having a family? Click on ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
- Enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth, gender, relation, address, bank account details and upload a photo of the nominee
- Click on the ‘Save EPF Nomination’ button.
- Click on the ‘Save EPS Nomination’ button.
- Now, you will see the details of the nominee saved.
Complete the nomination form with an e-signature –
- Click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click on the ‘Verify’ button to get the virtual ID
- Enter your virtual ID.
- Click on the ‘Get OTP’ button.
- Enter the OTP.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
As you can see you can do so much using UAN Login. So, if you haven’t used these online services yet, activate your UAN and get the benefits that come with it.
Leave a Reply