Introduction to LinkedIn Marketing
As a business owner, you always look for new and effective ways to market your products or services. You want to reach as many potential customers as possible and do so in the most efficient way possible. Hence, you should consider LinkedIn video ads. LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network, with over 300 million members in over 200 countries. It is an ideal platform to reach your target audience.
Benefits of LinkedIn Video Ads
There are many benefits to using LinkedIn video ads.
- LinkedIn is a highly targeted platform. You can target your ads by location, industry, job title, and other factors. You can be sure your ad is reaching the people most likely to be interested in what you are offering.
- A recent study found that LinkedIn video ads are viewed three times more than other types of LinkedIn ads.
- LinkedIn video ads are affordable. Making the advertisement requires a minimum budget, and you only pay when someone watches your ad. LinkedIn video promotions are a cost-effective way to reach your audience.
- LinkedIn video ads are easy to create using any video editing software. A simple but powerful PowerPoint presentation will also suffice.
Now that you know the benefits let’s create an effective ad.
How to create an effective LinkedIn video ad
There are four steps to creating an effective LinkedIn video ad.
- Define target audience
The first step in creating an effective LinkedIn video ad is knowing the end user who will be interested in your products or services. Your ad can also target a specific location, industry, job title, and other areas.
- Create a compelling headline
The headline of your LinkedIn video ad is important because it’s the first thing people will see. Ensure the headline grabs attention and tells people what your ad is about in the simplest way possible.
- Make your ad visually appealing
A well-designed and professional LinkedIn video ad will engage the viewer immediately and retain the ad in memory. A visually appealing advert not only informs but also entertains.
- Include a call-to-action
You must include a call-to-action at the end of your LinkedIn video ad. A CTA is the next step you suggest the viewer takes after watching your ad. For example, you can tell people to visit your website or sign up for your newsletter.
LinkedIn Video Ideas
- Introduce yourself and your company. People want to know who you are and what you do before they know about your products or services.
- Showcase your product or service in action. Give the viewer a peek into what you can offer and how it can benefit them.
- Share customer testimonials. Let others sing your praises and build reliability for your business.
- Highlight your company culture. Give a behind-the-scenes look at your business and what it’s like to work there.
- Offer helpful tips or advice. Provide value to your audience and establish yourself as an expert in your industry.
- Drive traffic to a landing page or website. Make it easy for viewers to take the next step and learn about your company in detail.
- Host a contest or giveaway. Incentivise people to watch your ad and take action by offering a prize.
- Make an announcement. Let people know about new products, services, or events your company is hosting.
- Tease a longer video. Give viewers a sneak peek of what’s to come and get them excited to watch more.
- Thank your viewers. Show your appreciation for those who took the time to watch your ad.
Best Practices to Create LinkedIn Video
First comes optimising the setup before creating the video. One should ensure proper lighting, camera position, and background. In the videos, essential information should be mentioned in the beginning to hold the attention of the viewers. Include closed captions to make them accessible to all viewers.
Include LinkedIn hashtags and tag relevant companies to reach the maximum audience. Respond to comments posted by viewers in a positive manner. This engagement is beneficial to any business in the long run.
LinkedIn Video Length and Specs
There are two types of LinkedIn videos. One is standard native videos, and the other is LinkedIn video ads. The specifications for both vary from one another. A LinkedIn native video’s minimum video length is three seconds, and the maximum is 10 minutes. The minimum file size is 75 Kb, while the maximum is 5 Gb. In native videos, the orientation is vertical or horizontal while the aspect ratio is 1:2.4 or 2.4:1. The frame rate is 10 to 60 frames per second, and the bit rate is 30 Mbps. The formats for the videos can be .mp4 or .mov.
The LinkedIn video ads should be at least three seconds long, and not more than 30 minutes long. The minimum file size is 75 kb, while the maximum file size is 200 Mb. In these videos, the orientation is horizontal and the frame rate is a maximum of 30 frames per second. The file format used is .mp4.
How to Share Videos on LinkedIn
Open LinkedIn. On your profile page, click on ‘Share an article, photo, video, or idea.’ Click on the video icon and upload the video. After uploading the video, add filters if required. Caption the video to make them more engaging. Describe the post by adding the necessary context to the video. The last step is sharing the video. Ensure the video’s privacy settings include everyone or a specific target audience, depending on your need. Enable comments on the video to receive feedback and interact with the viewers.
Getting Started with LinkedIn Video
Putting up videos on LinkedIn has its benefits. LinkedIn is less personal than other social media platforms. So one can share their content or advertise their product better in this application. With appropriate tools and a wise strategy, one can build a professional community based on LinkedIn videos.
LinkedIn videos are uploaded on the company’s page or the personal feed. Using LinkedIn video advertisements is also useful to reach audiences worldwide. For creating better videos, many specifications should be kept in mind. Adding subtitles increases the range of audiences for the video.
LinkedIn is an effective marketing tool for companies and organisations to boost their business. Every company nowadays has a LinkedIn marketing strategy to increase their clients and improve the company’s performance. For better LinkedIn marketing, one should always find customers and connections that are highly targeted and post high-quality content.