A sliver of foundation, a stroke of eyeliner, and a swipe of lipstick may instantly up your look.
But at what cost?
The price you pay for the toxic chemicals in your makeup is skin irritation, acne, discolouration, and early skin ageing. Toxins in your lipstick, eyeliner, and cream might cause acne, eye irritation, and allergies!
The majority of makeup products contain pernicious chemicals. They get into your systems through your skin and harm you. Unfortunately, some of these compounds do more damage than good to your skin. So, it’s high time to switch to natural eye makeup products that are safe.
Why are Eyeliners Harmful?
This article is a must-read for everyone who wears eyeliner.
Makeup particles and debris can enter the tear duct and other parts of the eye, causing dermatitis, dry eye, clogged ducts, and other issues. As a result, if there is any harmful ingredient in your conventional makeup, it’ll end up in your eyes.
That’s where skincare and makeup products with natural ingredients come in.
Look out for these five most common ingredients found in eyeliners, what they’re used for, and why to avoid them:
- Carbon Black imparts the rich black colour to eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara. Its usage can lead to cancer and organ system toxicity.
- Parabens extend the shelf life of items while preventing mould and microbial growth. But these are easily absorbed and transferred into the bloodstream, where it tampers with the body’s hormones and causes serious health issues.
- Lead has the potential to induce cancer and reproductive and organ damage.
- BAK (Benzalkonium chloride) is used as a preservative in mascara and eyeliner. Strong evidence that it is an allergen or a human immune toxicant.
- BAC (Benzalkonium chloride) is an irritant that can cause retinal poisoning.
In terms of formulation, eyeliner comes in various shapes and sizes, but a few basic ingredients appear to be present in all of them. Film formers, thickening agents, and pigments are the three types of components often required. It is true regardless of the formula you apply. Ensure your eyeliner doesn’t have these five harmful ingredients. Don’t worry; you won’t miss anything. Opt for natural eyeliners and hop on the trends!
What to Look For in Natural Eyeliner?
The bulk of what eyeliner is composed of, both weight and volume, is thickening agents. For example, waxes, clays, and gum are all naturally sourced. Some of the ingredients include
- Wax– beeswax or carnauba wax
- Oil– Jojoba oil, macadamia oil, sunflower seed oil, almond oil, etc.
Why put yourself at stake when you can use safe eye makeup and beauty products? Check out this fantastic non-toxic eyeliner from Lotus Makeup Ecostay Longlasting Gel Eye Definer – Mega Black. This smudge-proof, long-lasting eyeliner combines camphor and almond oil. Almond oil has excellent emollient and nourishing properties and is also a natural source of Vitamin E, while camphor has a cooling effect on the eyes. It’s a non-toxic, vegan cosmetic product, so you’ll never have to worry about what you’re putting on your skin.
It might be challenging to determine which ingredients are safe in eye makeup products, but you can stock up on safe cosmetics with a bit of study and guidance. We hope this was of some help in understanding what goes into your beauty bag.
Make the best judgment for your skin by choosing safer alternatives now that you know which ingredients to avoid. Consider switching to natural, organic products that are excellent for your skin and the earth.
Read More About Smartstimer.