Nowadays, the setup processes used by the people are CD-less. And that is why the setup has become easy and sophisticated. Linksys router setup with the AC1200 wifi extender is simple for every user without hassle because of the browser-based methods. In this Linksys setup process, you need a configuration device between the router and the range extender. Connect the router with your Linksys wifi extender setup AC1200 using an Ethernet cable and other wired connections. In this process, an Ethernet wire has an essential role. It provides an errorless setup & installation. The Wi-Fi brand will not specify any web browser. You can use any one of the browsers of your choice, but that should be compatible and should have the latest version.
Requirements before Linksys Velop setup with the extender
- An active and working internet connection.
- WIFI 2.4 GHz and WIFI 5 GHz connection.
- WIFI name and password of your router.
- Security keys, default login gateway.
Know, how to setup Linksys extender AC1200 via a web browser
- Plug the Linksys extender setup device into any of the centralized power outlets of your home. Wait till the power LED turns solid orange.
- Position your Linksys setup AC1200 midway between your Linksys router setup and dead zones.
- Now you can connect to the default WIFI name of your range extender, which is the same as your Linksys router setup device. For this, you have to use a wireless computer or a tablet.
- The wireless computer or the device you use must receive a strong WIFI signal from the router.
- Open a web spider (web-browser) from your connected device (with the router’s WIFI signal).
- And then, navigate the address bar of this web spider to “http:// Linksys wifi extender setup” or enter the default gateway “http://192.168.1.254” in the same web browser and then hit Enter.
- Press Enter to launch the Linksys extender setup wizard also. Make sure to read the terms and conditions required by the End User Agreement. And then, click Start Setup.
- On prompt, select the WIFI name of your network. For example, “Office2020” etc.
- Enter the Linksys Velop setup and login details, which carry the username and password “ADMIN” will be the same by default. Then hit the option NEXT to get the next level of your Linksys wifi extender setup.
- In your network name, the suffix “_Ext” will be added automatically. If you want to personalize your WIFI network name, password, and security key of your Linksys router setup devices, follow the Next instructions.
Go to the WIFI bands 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz of your range extender, and select the frequency band for which you have to change the security options. If you want to change the Linksys setup password and SSID for both the frequency bands, change them one by one in the same way you did for the first one, then go NEXT. Now, you will see a page with the heading “Spot Finder” that will instruct you to place your Linksys wifi extender setup AC1200 device in the right place.
How to setup Linksys extender AC1200 using Spot finder app
After finishing your Linksys extender setup, you will get an option to place the extender with the feature called Spot Finder. It is an essential feature to position the extender in the right way. Spot finder also determines the strength between your range extender and the router. If your range extender is too close or farther from the router range, then it will instruct you accordingly to place the extender in a perfect place.
- On the page where you see the heading Spot Finder, click the “Find Better Location” key.
- And then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
- Once you find the best location for your range extender, tap the BACK link and go ahead with the next step.
- Now you will be creating and confirming your admin password.
- Add an optional hint to the password for the recovery of this password. Once done, save the settings.
Linksys wifi extender setup with extender.linksys.com
After placing the extender and creating the admin password for your range extender, you need to register your Linksys Velop setup device with the official site of the Linksys extender setup.
- Enter the email address that you want to have for future updates.
- To get special offers and further news about the services and offers of Linksys, tick the checkbox before going on to the next level.
- Have you registered your Linksys extender with the cloud account? If yes, you can skip this step.
- Now your AC1200will proceed to check the firmware updates.
- If it finds any updates in the firmware, it will go for an update.
- Else it will pass onto the next step.
- Connect to the WIFI name of the SSID of your Linksys setup Wi-Fi extender.
After that, click on the next level (Tap on the blue button to go next). Now, you have achieved the entire setup and configuration for your Linksys AC1200 range extender. Finally, take a printout of the settings you have made. Now, you know how to setup Linksys extenders with a web browser and web URL. Both the methods are helpful for the Linksys wifi extender setup with your router. You can even implement the Linksys Velop setup process using the browser and a web URL method.
Read More – sbxhrl