QuickBooks is a leading tool for medium to small-sized businesses to simplify their accounting needs and generate more productive work hours. They try their best to rectify the bugs and fixes with regular updates and providing solutions to their consumers. However, fixes to some errors are so easy that you can try them with clear instructions. Today, we will talk about the causes and solutions to the error message QuickBooks Search Not Working.
Wondering what is this error message reading QuickBooks search not working 2018? And how can you continue back to your busy schedule without wasting time in trying out all the solutions? Just hand over it to us! Call our experts on 1.855.738.2784 and get live support
Introduction to Error QuickBooks Online Search Not Working
The error stating “QuickBooks Online Search Not Working” shows up when you try to search about a transaction, customer file, etc. and the function fails to get results on anything. It could happen after an update and could take a lot of your time, as you would have to search for your files manually.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6190 83
Why is QuickBooks Search Functions Not Working?
There are many reasons why it is, at a given time, QuickBooks Search Functions Not Working. So, we have mentioned some down for your consideration.
- A registry error in the Windows Operating System can cause this search function error.
- It is possible that the firewall can be obstructing the QuickBooks to get through due to security concerns.
- You might be using an outdated QuickBooks version or an update is pending.
- QuickBooks Search Index file might be damaged.
QuickBooks Desktop Search Not Working: Solution
Although there are numerous other small tactics that you may use to rectify the QuickBooks Desktop Search Not Working error, this one solution is a deal-breaker and dissolves the error in most of the cases. Take a look.
- Exit from the QuickBooks application and click on the Windows icon on the left-downside corner.
- In the search box, type C:\Users\UserName\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company File\Companyfilename.QBW folder and press enter.
- Look for the folder named qbw.SearchIndex and write OLD at the end of it.
- Now open QuickBooks application or online and look for the Company File. When you locate it, open it.
- At the top left corner, select the Search/Magnified Glass icon.
- On the left side panel, select Update Search Information.
- The updating process will start. When it completes, click on OK.
Here comes the end of this blog on the solution for QuickBooks Search Not Working Error. We hope that the solution will rectify the error, so that you can carry on with your daily operations quickly. However, if the search function is still broken, then call our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 to get expert assistance on the line.