QuickBooks Online makes it easy for the users to prepare QuickBooks Online 1099 and at the same point e-file them using Intuit 1099 e-file service. A printed copy of the same gets automatically emailed to the contractors when the user avails the service of Intuit. A number of steps are involved starting from preparing 1099s to ensure information is correct and then filing it. Here this article is about providing an overview to QBO users regarding intuit QuickBooks online 1099 forms and how it can be done in the correct way possible.
For further queries regarding 1099s form in QuickBooks Online contact QB Payroll support team at 1.855.738.2784 and get professional help for the same.
Types of intuit QuickBooks online 1099 forms
There are various types of intuit QuickBooks online 1099 forms that can be files with e-file service in QuickBooks. Some of these have been listed below:
1099-MISC: In this form the business owner reports the payments made in cash or check to self-employed vendors or to independent contractors.
1096: 1096 forms can be printed on the pre-printed forms and bundles up all 1099-MISC
1099-K: This form cannot be filed by QB users but electronic payments companies submit this form in compliance with the IRS standards.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Installation Error 1334
Remember the following points before you dealing with 1099 forms in QB
- Payments in electronic, credit or debit cards are not filed in QuickBooks Online 1099 reports
- QuickBooksonline 1099 summary report contains information of payments that are made through cash, checks, and not the unpaid bills.
- Change of vendor 1099 status during QuickBooks e-filing of 1099 gets reflected into the company file.
- You need to provide the vendor/self-employed, the printed copies of QuickBooks Online 1099 Form
Steps required to prepare 1099 s by QuickBooks online 1099 vendor setup and QuickBooks online 1099 account mapping
- Click on Workers menu and select Contractors.
- Click Prepare 1099 s and then hit on Let’s get started.
- Make sure your company name, address, and tax ID matches is correct and matches what is found on tax notices or letters from the IRS.
- Check-mark the boxes 1-14 and Box 7: Nonemployee Compensation is the most common.
- Select the boxes that represent expense accounts used to track payments. Click on Next.
- Check that all contractors show up and their details are correct and updated.
- Select Finish preparing 1099s.
- Hit Go to 1099 E-file service to your e-file your 1099s.
With the steps mentioned above you can successfully complete QuickBooks online 1099 filing. But it is quite crucial process and hence you must go through each step carefully and if you feel stuck at any point dial 1.855.738.2784 and get help from certified QuickBooks Payroll assistants.