What are the different types of work passes and permits for Singapore?

What are the different types of work passes and permits for Singapore?

There are several different types of work passes and permits in Singapore. If you want to work in Singapore, you will need a work pass or other documentation before starting work. This article will give you information about various types of work passes and permits in Singapore. You will also learn about the Letter of Consent and Personalised Employment Pass, and you can use these documents to start working in Singapore.

Dependant’s Pass

The Dependant’s Pass (DP) allows a person’s family members to work, study, or live in Singapore. A DP holder doesn’t need a separate Singapore entry visa and can come and go whenever they need to. The DP lasts for as long as the leading work pass, so getting the right LOC (letter of consent) from the Ministry of Manpower is essential. The DP can also be renewed up to six months before expiry.

If a spouse has a DP, they must apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) from the primary sponsoring employer. It will allow them to work in Singapore and allow the dependence on forming a company and acting as a director. Once the employment pass is issued, the Dependant’s Pass (DP) will be revoked and replaced by an Employment Pass (EP).

A Dependant’s Pass allows an eligible dependent to live with the primary pass holder in Singapore. Eligible dependents include the spouse and children under the age of 21 and unmarried children below 21. To apply for a Dependant’s Pass, you must be working in a particular sector of Singapore, and the primary pass holder must be working. If the main pass holder has an S or Employment Pass, the dependent’s pass is tied to it, making it more flexible for the spouse to work

Letter of Consent

Before obtaining a Letter of Consent for work passes and permits, you need to meet a few basic requirements. For a dependent’s pass to be valid, the holder must be married to a Singaporean or permanent resident. Likewise, an Employment Pass holder must have a job offer from a Singapore employer. Only once the employer has secured a Letter of Consent for the dependent can the employee begin work. If the LOC is issued for a temporary period, it must be renewed before it expires. 

Before applying for a Letter of Consent, employers must notify the MOM in writing. In addition to submitting the Letter of Consent, employers must provide supporting documents. These include the employment contract, the applicant’s qualifications, and the viability of the Singapore employer to hire the applicant. Those documents must be translated, which is why you need to seek the services of a translation service provider.

Personalized Employment Pass

To apply for a Personalised Employment Pass for Singapore, you must be an existing Employment Pass holder. This pass is only for overseas foreign professionals and is required within six months of the last salary draw. Personalized Employment Pass costs $70 (INR 3,800) and takes a few weeks to process. The Employment Pass for Singapore costs $105 (INR 5,700) and will take about seven to eight weeks to issue. You may also get Singapore Employment Pass at one-visa.com, which can surely help you with the needed pass.

A personalized Employment Pass is a great way for foreign high-earners to work in Singapore. It provides flexibility in the job sector and doesn’t bind the holder to one employer. A PEP holder can stay in Singapore for up to six months while looking for a new job. This visa allows the individual to practice law in the country. The salary you receive will depend on your fixed monthly salary.

The PEP is the first step toward residency in Singapore. The Personalised Employment Pass is a special work pass category in Singapore. It is the only one that is self-sponsored, and it allows applicants to apply for residency without the sponsorship of a Singapore company. It is only valid for three years, and eligibility is strict. As such, PEP holders should only apply if they are highly skilled and have a high income in Singapore.

If you have a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP), you can work in Singapore for a certain amount of time before applying for permanent residence. Once employed, you can apply for Singapore Permanent Residence (SPR) if you earn more than S$30,000 per year. You can work legally in Singapore if you make at least that much. However, there are specific requirements to meet before applying for Singapore residency.

By steve

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.