CCNA is a Cisco Certification. It is an associate-level certification provided by Cisco Solutions. The certificate proves that you have fundamental-level knowledge in the Networking field; it certifies your expertise in installing, operating, and troubleshooting networks.
The following domains are in a CCNA certification:
- Data Center
- Routing and Switching
- Service provider
CCNA proves that you have fundamental knowledge in Networking, IP services, Security, Automation, and Programming. A CCNA certified person can optimize advanced networks. If you want to specialize in any area, you need professional Cisco certification course.
After this certification, you can get jobs as an entry-level network engineer, help desk technician, network administrator, and Network Support Technician.
No formal requirements exist for this certification; a minimum of one year of Cisco solutions experience is beneficial. For this certification, you need to qualify 200-301 CCNA exam.
Note: The new 200-301 CCNA Certification combines all the certifications you had to take individually. For example, the CCNA Security was a separate certification.
How to start the CCNA journey?
Step 1: Review what you already know. It will make your certification path more focused and help you get certified faster.
Step 2: Now that you know what you already understand, you can start training. Choose the training option most comfortable for you. The more you train, the better the chance of success.
Step 3: Join the Cisco Learning Network; the membership includes free study materials. The training videos and webinars and the discussion with fellow members will boost your Cisco training.
Step 4: You must practice every day. Practicing will make accessing the knowledge a second nature. There are Cisco labs, simulation tools for these purposes.
Step 5: Without self-assessment, you won’t feel confident with the knowledge gained and skills practiced. There are CCNA practice questions to help you with that.
Step 6: Finally, schedule your CCNA test. You can either give the test online. Or you can go to a Pearson VUE location.
Step 7: You can then log in to the Certification Tracking System for your status. These certifications have a three-year validity. After that, you must recertify with continuing education.
Where to purchase the exam?
You can purchase the exam using the link on Cisco’s official website. First, you need to make an account. Then you can schedule, reschedule, or cancel exams. The CCNA Certification in Frankfurt cost is € 3410.
Where can I get the syllabus?
You can get the syllabus for the exam on the website. The syllabus now includes the topics that were previously in individual certification, such as CCNA Routing and Switching.
Is there a training program for this certification?
Yes, there is a training program CCNA course named Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA). It contains a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and study materials. There are four ways to train:
- E-learning: It is self-paced learning through videos and labs. You can get access for one-eighty days.
- Classroom Training: You get lectures and self-study sessions here. The classes are instructor-led. They can be real-time videos or in person.
- Digital Subscription: This mode gives you access to all study materials for a year. You can learn from anywhere on any device at your own pace.
- Private Group Training: This mode brings training to your chosen site. You can train in your familiar environment. The courses are specific to your network requirements. You can schedule according to your convenience; the training can be for large groups.
Is CCNA Certification Necessary?
Technical certifications can give you an edge over competitors and get you an increased salary. For example:
- According to the IT Skills and Salary Report by Global Knowledge, IT professionals with a new certificate got a salary hike of around 13,000 USD.
- Cisco’s Tech Manager Survey says that 99% of organizations look for technical certifications in applicants.
- In their Technology Salary Guide, Robert Half Technology points out that certified NOC Technicians and Network Cloud Engineers with little experience get an average salary between 50,000 USD and 80,000 USD.
A CCNA Cisco Certification proves that you have a fundamental knowledge of networks; you can install, manage, and optimize them. With this certification, you can expect a salary bump. To get certified, you need to schedule an examination and start preparing.
Cisco provides several types of training that will let you breeze through the CCNA exam. These can be e-Learning, Classroom sessions, digital subscription, or private group training. After this certification, if you are confident, you can move on to advanced certifications such as CCNP or CCIE.
Must Read: Top Interview Questions For Web Designer
Leave a Reply