The primary molecule in the skin that gives it structure and support is collagen. The production of collagen begins to decrease after the age of 30. This makes the fine lines, wrinkles, poor texture, and noticeable pores that come with ageing. The percentage of 65+ aged people in Australia has crossed the 16% mark of their total population. Therefore, the demand for collagen cream in Australia has only increased over time.
Collagen molecules are highly competent in encouraging skin and hair growth, strengthening bones, and enhancing joint health. This makes it logical for people to ensure its upkeep since collagen is a key component of your bones, skin, and muscles. In reality, collagen fillers have been used to augment lips and smooth wrinkles for years.
Simply put, collagen is a protein that aids in lifting, tightening, and plumping the skin. Unfortunately, sun damage and ageing can cause your skin’s natural collagen to break down over time.
Benefits Of Collagen Cream
Anti-wrinkle injection treatments in Australia can cost around $500 and shoot up to $1,500, depending upon the complexity and area of the treatment. Instead of invasive procedures, people can easily opt for collagen cream in Australia. It is quite affordable and carries negligible to zero side effects.
- Dermatologists provide in-office procedures to stop the natural loss of collagen. Still, collagen lotions and at-home remedies are more practical if you wish to take control of the situation.
- Collagen peptides, or collagen divided into smaller parts, are used in many skin products instead of collagen. However, with collagen cream, more compact peptides permeate the skin and promote collagen synthesis.
- Contrary to popular belief, collagen molecules are big and do not penetrate the top layer of the skin. However, they do assist in plumping, hydrating, and brightening skin.
- Collagen aids in smoothing out wrinkles and fine lines. When moisturised and plump, your skin is more resistant to developing new fine lines and wrinkles.
- Collagen creams can be combined with other skincare products to create a comprehensive anti-ageing regimen and frequently serve as moisturisers.
- You can use collagen skincare anytime, morning or night, whether it takes the shape of an oral or topically applied product. According to Graf, collagen cream can be used as a moisturiser once or twice a day. However, it is best to adhere to the manufacturer’s recommendations for any form.
Should You Use Collagen Cream?
Are collagen creams good for you? For the most part, they are safe for all skin types. Those with oily and sensitive skin can benefit from topical collagen. It is frequently used with other active substances to increase the active ingredient’s tolerance.
Do a patch test before using the cream all over your face, just as you would before introducing any other new items into your routine. It is not a terrible idea to include a product in your routine that helps deliver similar benefits—reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, hydration, etc.—since natural collagen production begins to drop as early as your 20s. However, these products are typically recommended in your late 20s or at least after you hit 30.
They are also perfect for anyone who suffers from dry skin and could use a collagen cream. As collagen creams offer moisture, using them can improve skin hydration and smoother skin. For Australia’s ageing population, it is best advised for women in their late 20s and early 30s to start using collagen cream for their daily skincare routine to give the skin the exact nourishment it needs.
Everyone can find a collagen cream that works for them. However, look for a product with more potent skincare compounds like antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, vitamins, and minerals to get the most value for your money.