QuickBooks as an accounting application has served numerous small to mid-sized businesses. Intuit has incorporated the best of features in QuickBooks where all the data processed is saved in the company file. Data is to be the most important asset of a company which makes it quite crucial to take a regular backup of the business data. There are a number of reasons that can cause QuickBooks automatic backup not working error. In this post, we will discuss the issues with the automatic backup in QuickBooks and top solutions suggested by experts.
QuickBooks Backup not Working Windows 10! Worry not, and dial 1.855.738.2784 to get in touch with certified QuickBooks experts for additional troubleshooting assistance
What Exactly is QuickBooks Enterprise Automatic Backup not Working Error?
As we all know how important is it to backup the QuickBooks company file but with errors like QuickBooks is unable to backup the company file, you might get frustrated. QuickBooks Scheduled Backup Error appears when you try to back up the company files with (.QBW) format using the default backup options of the application. QuickBooks automatic backup not working error can also appear as- “QuickBooks Won’t Restore Backup” “QuickBooks Backup Freezes” “QuickBooks Backup Stuck at 99” “QuickBooks Backup Error, Unable to Continue”.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Online Not Working With Chrome
QuickBooks not Backing up Automatically! Here are the Reasons
Knowing the reasons for which QuickBooks cannot backup company file will help you resolve the error in the shortest time possible.
- The Corruption in the Company data (.QBW) file.
- Damaged Network Data (.ND) file that saves QuickBooks network configuration.
- Company file name exceeds the 65-characters limit.
- Company backup file exceeds 3 GB size limit.
- QuickBooks files interrupted by other programs during backup process.
- Incorrect backup path in QuickBooks settings.
You must also Read about : https://techpostusa.com/windows-error-0x0-0x0/
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Automatic Backup not Working Issue?
QuickBooks Scheduled Backup not Working error can be solved by following the steps mentioned below:
Read also this blog : QuickBooks Multi-user Mode not Working
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
- Open the QuickBooks software, and click the File tab.
- Click Utilities and select the Rebuild data option.
- A warning message will be displayed for backing up the data in the file, click Ok to continue.
- Run the Verify Data utility to ensure there is no data damage in the company file.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Exit QuickBooks and download QuickBooks Tool Hub application from the official Intuit website.
- Run the tool hub app from the downloads of your computer and click Company File Issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks File Doctor and let the tool repair the damaged company file and network.
Hopefully, the solutions mentioned above will help you resolve the error, but in case, if the error is not resolved then as a last troubleshooting method you can try reinstalling QuickBooks using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. If none of the solutions are working for you, then we suggest you get in touch with experts at 1.855.738.2784 for advanced troubleshooting guidance.
You may read also this blog : QuickBooks Error 30134